Friday, September 19, 2008

Learning Curve

Whew! It has been a crazy few weeks. We are learning about having homework for the first time, time management and how to eeek out a few spare moments of quiet into a continually hectic day. Our oldest child LOVES her new school and we are just as crazy about it, although we thought we had lost her to the books for good, until we decided on teaching some organizational tools. We are learning to find a balance between school, family, fun/free time and alone time. Personally, I have never had this challenge quite to this level and am learning to trust the Lord to meet me in those little spare moments. I had a friend once tell me to sing songs that are appropriate for moments of repetitive chores like, "What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus", when I am doing the dishes. That is just beautiful! The other 4 children are homeschooling and cruising right along. The first 2 weeks, they have done so well and fell right back into their routine of getting their work done.

2 comments:

heather ryan morse said...

i am so glad jessie is loving her school!!! that is such a blessing! we miss yall!

Rebecca V said...

I miss you so very much! I hope you are all doing well....still praying for you.